Equality is about creating a fairer society where everyone can participate and has the same opportunity to fulfil their potential. All employers have a legal responsibility to promote equal opportunies in the workplace and ensure their employment policy and employee behaviour does not infringe UK law.
It provides learners with an increased understanding of the key UK laws protecting the employment rights of all workers in the United Kingdom. This course will increase your knowledge of the legislation protecting employees against discriminationin the areas of age, ability, race, religion, gender identity and ex-offenders.
Areas covered include:
- Welcome, Learning Outcomes and Introduction
- The Law, Equal Opportunities and Race
- The Law, Equal Opportunities and Gender
- The Law, Equal Opportunities and Disability
- The Law, Equal Opportunities and Religion
- The Law, Equal Opportunities and Age
- The Law, Equal Opportunities and Ex-Offenders
- Applying Equal Opportunities to Training and Performance Development
- Applying Equal Opportunities to Parents in Employment
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 2 - 3 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is targeted a wide variety of people and is intended for anyone in employment or involved in employment.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.